Blue Sky Tag Challenge – my answers to the 11 questions
If you’re wondering what the Blue Sky Tag Challenge is, you’re not alone. I’d never heard of it either until I was nominated a few weeks ago by a fellow travel blogger.
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and tag their blog
- Answer 11 questions
- Ask 11 questions
- Tag 11 other bloggers
It’s not just a fun challenge, but it’s also a nice way for you to find out something about me.
A huge thank you to Nancy from En-Squared-Aired for nominating me for my first Blue Sky Tag Challenge!
Blue Sky Tag Challenge – the answers
1. How long have you been blogging for and why did you get into blogging?
I’ve been blogging for 3 years, but only started taking it more seriously in 2016. Like most bloggers, I started purely out of a passion for writing and travel. Somewhere along the way, I found that I was getting some positive feedback from my posts, so decided to see where it can take me!
2. What is the most valuable lesson you have learned from blogging?
For me, it’s the reward of helping other bloggers to do well. I’m more than happy to promote other bloggers and comment on their posts. End of the day, it makes sense to help each other grow and build. It’s the perfect way to learn from each other too.
3. What’s your favourite book and why would you recommend it?
Depending on my mood, I can swing from fiction to non-fiction. For fiction, I really love the prose style of Dominican writer Junot Diaz. He writes in a brutally honest, yet funny way, about cultural perspectives in the Dominican community in the US. However, it’s really applicable to everyone. My non-fiction choice is Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari. It’s a powerful insight into where we came from, where we’re going and an overall insight into humankind.
4. Name five people who are a huge influence in your life and why?
The first 3 people are my parents and my aunt. They’ve influenced me so much without even knowing it. Passing on their strength, and ethic of hard work has influenced me to keep going, even when things get hard. My partner is a great source of support, and reads everything I write, even my posts about spas and wellness! When he’s happy with my work, I know I’m doing something right! The last 2 people would be 2 close friends of mine. Neither of them knows the other, but they give me so much confidence when mine is lacking. It’s for this reason that I’m forever grateful to have them in my life.
5. Name three things you are grateful for and why?
My health, my loved ones and my laptop!
6. Who inspires you? Why?
I’m inspired by anyone, man or woman, who does anything it takes to fulfil their dreams. Even if it means leaving everything behind that’s comfortable and familiar, I’m in awe of them because it’s what I’d love to do!
“I’m inspired by anyone, man or woman, who does anything it takes to fulfil their dreams.”
FOLLOWING THE RIVERA
7. What’s one quirky fact that not many people know about you?
I love green peas, and add it to almost every meal when possible! Green peas on a pizza with artichokes is especially good!
8. What makes you happy?
Eating my partner’s homemade focaccia while watching Game of Thrones on the sofa. Oh, and travelling and exploring a new country of course!
9. What is the one thing you are most proud of?
Carving out a career in something that I love, and not settling for just any job.
10. If you can devote one whole year to pursuing a dream, what would it be?
I’d spend the year living in either southern Spain, northern Italy or northern Portugal, fine tuning my website and working on becoming a household name as a top travel influencer.
11. What’s currently stopping you from pursuing your dream and what resources do you need to help you pursue your dream?
Right now it’s fear mixed with circumstance. Winning a couple of hundred thousand of any currency would help (!), as would a beautiful beach house with reliable and fast WIFi!
11 Bloggers I’m nominating
“Winning a couple of hundred thousand of any currency would help (!), as would a beautiful beach house with reliable and fast WIFi!”
FOLLOWING THE RIVERA
11 Questions for nominated bloggers
- What’s your earliest (happiest) childhood memory?
- Where’s the first place you travelled to? Name 1 memorable thing about this place.
- When was the last time you cried?
- If you had to give a TED Talk, what would you speak about?
- Name one thing you’d like to achieve before you die.
- If you could choose anyone, who would be your mentor in life?
- List 3 places on the top of your travel bucket list
- Who’s your favourite travelling companion and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What’s the number one piece of travel advice you’d give to school children?
- Name 2 things about your hometown that others may not know.
Want new articles before they get published?
Subscribe below, and get them before anybody else.