Every year on Valentine’s Day, I approach my post box knowing there will be a card waiting for me. The fact that it’s usually from my mother is a minute detail.

These days, Valentine’s Day is a typically quiet affair. There’s been the odd dinner out, or a girl’s night at an anti-Valentine’s party. With many great spas in London, I decided to check out couples massage London deals on offer. Whatever you decide to do, turn a normal day into a treat day.

Nb – All the spas/hotels on the list offer packages beyond Valentine’s Day.

Couples massage London

Thai Square Spa

Thai Square Spa is about a 3-minute walk from Trafalgar Square. The spa changed venue from its Covent Garden location 2 years ago to its current larger building. Its manager, Sara, and the rest of the team are nothing but helpful and ready to make your visit a memorable one.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: Thai Square Spa

Thai Square Spa – outside and in

The establishment’s exactly what you’d expect from a spa: calming environment, dim lighting and mood music softy playing in the background. It may sound obvious, but don’t forget to bring your swimwear!

The Sen Space is where you can unwind and let off steam, and sweat, in the steam and sauna room. An ideal sized Jacuzzi instantly erases the stresses of the day. Thai Square Spa also has its own beauty products called the iMantara range. Certain products are available in store and online. If you enjoy well-being therapies from the East, you may be keen on trying the Filipino hilot massage.

Luxury spa experience in London’s West End

I tried the Ritual Massage – a personalized treatment using oils blended from flower and fruit extracts. Combining the oils with oriental massage techniques, my therapist, Paolo, did a first-class job of making me feel relaxed.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: A feeling of zen the second upon entering

A feeling of zen the second upon entering

Couples packages range from 2.5 hours to the ultimate experience of 5 hours. At the time of writing, the spa has a special offer called the ‘Food of Love Spa Package’. This deal combines treatments with dinner at the nearby Thai Square restaurant.

Ultimately, Thai Square Spa offers a luxury experience for couples looking for a spot of pampering in London’s West End.

Couples massage London – London COMO Metropolitan

If you’re looking for a touch of sophisticated glamour this Valentine’s day, look no further than COMO Metropolitan, London.

Booking.com

Based in the upscale area of Mayfair on Old Park Lane, the hotel is offering a superb couples massage package.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: Ready for the LOVE Shambhala massage

Ready for the LOVE Shambhala massage

The ‘Love from COMO Shambhala couples massage’ offers 75 minutes of deep relaxation. Shambhala is a Sanskrit term meaning a place of peace/tranquility/happiness, so you know this will be good. To ramp up the romantic feel, the massage is carried out by candlelight. Using a range of signature blended oils, you’ll leave the spa with a calm mind and possibly a numb body.

In case you really don’t want to leave, the hotel’s also offering suites complete with bed, breakfast and a bottle of Tattinger champagne. The price also includes use of the hotel’s facilities, such as the gym. Packages start from £400. While in town, be smart and beat the lines when seeing the best London attractions by booking a popular tour.

But wait, there’s more

If cocktail-making is your thing, the hotel’s also hosting a cocktail masterclass for 2 at the iconic Met Bar. Try your skills at creating the intriguing sounding ‘Lady Killer’. Perhaps a ‘Between the sheets’ cocktail will be better suited to the mood of the evening. The masterclass starts from £84 per couple, and includes delicious canapés, home-made truffles and macarons.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: COMO Metropolitan London: candles and more

COMO Metropolitan London: candles and more

If you get hungry for more than romance, the Ametsa with Arzak Instruction at sister hotel COMO The Halkin is an ideal choice. The restaurant serves a unique Basque inspired afternoon tea, as well as a Michelin-star tasting menu with wine pairing for dinner.

Couples massage London – Spa Verta, Crowne Plaza London

Spa Verta is located far from the busy streets of central London in the Crown Plaza hotel in Battersea. Battersea is in south-west London and not too far from the famous Battersea Power Station.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: A local luxury experience at Spa Verta

A local luxury experience at Spa Verta

Offering a local luxury experience, Spa Verta is the place for couples/friends to get a bit of TLC. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating to your every need.

Love to spa

The ‘Love to spa Valentines package’ is specially for those wanting to spend the day relaxing together. The package includes full access to the spa and gym facilities, plus a 55-minute couples full body massage. What’s more, the deal also includes a 2-course Valentines sharing plate* and cocktail in the hotel’s Pad Restaurant & Bar.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: The hydropool - better enjoyed on a weekday

The hydropool – better enjoyed on a weekday

While there, be sure to check out the range of spa beauty products on offer from high-end brand ESPA. The therapists use the products in the spa, meaning you can take home a little piece of Spa Verta with you.

* A vegetarian option is also available

Top tip: Go on a weekday. The spa is less busy, so the hydropool will be all yours.

The final 2 – couples massage London

St Pancras Spa, St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London

St Pancras Spa is situated in the historic St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London next to St Pancras Station. First opened in 1876, renovation work began on the hotel in 2005 before its grand re-opening in 2011.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: Immerse yourself in relaxation at St Pancras Spa

Immerse yourself in relaxation at St Pancras Spa

If you enjoy Gothic Revival architectural design, you’ll love St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London. The renovation restored many of the hotel’s original features, such as the high-Victorian Gothic Grand Staircase from 1901.

Booking.com

Pampering in a historical setting

The spa highlights features of the hotel’s Victorian past with its great brick archways and floor-to-ceiling windows. It’s located in the original underground steam kitchens.

St Pancras Spa is luxury personified. The spa has 6 rooms in total, which includes a couple’s suite with king-size heated beds and a butler service for every guest! Its range of spa packages will turn Valentine’s Day, and any other day, into something special.

The ‘Love and you’ package offers 90 minutes of pampering for you and your loved one. A 60-minute rose facial followed by a 30-minute aromatic back massage will have you feeling brand new.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: Lover's Afternoon Tea

Lover’s Afternoon Tea at the Hansom Lounge…stop drooling

Follow your luxury spa experience with a mouth-watering afternoon tea. The ‘Lover’s Afternoon Tea’ features raspberry rosewater heart macarons and a glass of Veuve Clicquot Rose Champagne.

Couples massage London – Ajala Spa, Grange Hotel

You can find the Ajala spa in many Grange Hotels in central London. Offering a wide range of treatments from facial therapies to massage packages, there’s something for everyone.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: Bathe your stresses away at Ajala Spa

Bathe your stresses away at Ajala Spa

Ajala Spa has a special Valentine’s Spa Package for couples. The deal includes a 25-minute Fleur de Vigne Candlelit Massage and half-day use of the spa’s facilities. Fleur de Vigne is a massage candle that melts into a warm oil, delicately scented with grape blossom.

luxury couples spa packages London Valentine's Day: Bed for 2 at Ajala Spa Orchid Suite

Bed for 2 at Ajala Spa Orchid Suite

If that’s not enough, the offer also includes strawberries and cream, chocolates and a glass of Prosecco.

Booking.com

If you like what you’ve read, leave a comment in the section below. I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Disclaimer: I was invited by Thai Square and Spa Verta, but all views are my own and based on my own experience. This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I’ve recommended. Thank you for your support.

Like this post? Pin it!

108 Comments

1. Aditi Shukla

Spa packages are the best treats to give to yourself. The ones in this list offer luxury, sweet treats and more, what more could one ask for? I particularly like the concept of the hydropool in the ‘love to spa’. Cheers!!

Thanks Aditi! I love spa packages, there’s no better way to relax 😀

2. David

These Spa’s look amazing! I could really do with a massage so this article is interesting! I love the look of the hydropool and for between £210-£250 is a fantastic deal! I think the best deal in my opinion is the Ajala Spa Grange Hotel! Not only do you get a great couples deal for only £89 but also strawberries and cream with chocolate and prosecco.. No brainer for me!

• Lisa

Thanks David, Ajala Spa is amazing, and you’re right, a real bargain for a spa in London. Thanks for stopping by.

3. Joanna

These spas looks amazing and I can see why they are perfect for Valentine’s Day. I didn’t know any of these before but they do seem luxurious and perfect to relax. A woman always deserves a bit of pampering from time to time and going to the spa is can be the perfect gift. Definitely a great way to get rid of that everyday stress.

• Lisa

Agree Joanna! I love a good spa day, and these choices are perfect for any occasion!

4. Rashmi and Chalukya

These spas look amazing, the ambiance and the amenities are just superb. Some pampering in the spa after an exhausting day is definitely a must. The London Spa Experience combining treatments with dinner sounds like a great idea. We love gothic architecture so the St Pancras Spa of St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London will definitely top our list.

• Lisa

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comment. St Pancras Hotel is so stunning, and the spa is a real treat for the senses 😀

5. Fiona

We love a couples spa. Thanks for the run down of places to go in London. They all look amazing. I’d laugh ve to add cocktail making on after a massage.

• Lisa

That sounds like an excellent idea Fiona! I’ll think about doing a post on this. Thanks for commenting!

6. James

These 5 spa package options in London look wonderful. A package voucher would make the perfect gift for my parents as they have been known to go for a couples spa. For me, I really like the look of the Lovers Afternoon Tea, I know it’s for lovers but I would love to take my daughter to enjoy afternoon tea at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel.

• Lisa

The great thing about these packages are that they’re for everyone James 🙂 The Valentines Day spin is just for the day, but they exist long after!

7. Jamie

Oh my – what a wonderful review! I wish I lived in London, but if I ever visit, this will be a great resource. I love a good couples massage!

Thanks Jamie, the couples massage is bliss, I’ve had a few 🙂

8. Mariella

I felt relax by only reading this post haha I am going to London this upcoming fall, maybe I can stop by any of this spas as a “me time getaway” from work… haha sounds ideal to me. 🙂 Thank you for sharing! Safe travels. – Mariella

• Lisa

Thanks Mariella! I hope you get to visit one of these while you’re here. Send me a message nearer the time, and maybe I can put you in contact with the manager 🙂

9. Arnav Mathur

Who doesn’t love to get pampered, and that too specially on Valentine’s day with your special one. These luxury spa’s are the perfect place to get pampered.Am lucky I came across this now, as I will be able to plan up an appointment in one of these spa’s once am in the UK.

• Lisa

Hi Arnav, thanks for your comment. Yes, a luxury spa day is always a good idea, and these spas are a good choice!

10. Mimi's Migration

Wow these spas all look amazing! How relaxing and what a neat idea to do on Valentine’s day! It seems like quite the luxurious experience!

Thanks Mimi, they’re all wonderful. It’s really my ideal way of relaxing 🙂

11. Raghav - Ticker Eats The World

Even though London is as luxurious as it an get, I never really thought of it as a Spa place. Then again luxury and Spa are synonymous so i’m not surprised that there are so many amazing opportunities for some rest and relaxation in the British capital. great list and hope to make us of it when i’m there next.

• Lisa

Hi Raghav, thanks for your comment. There are many luxury spas in London, and I’m glad I had the opportunity to write about them 🙂

12. Archana Singh

WOW! How cool is this list. Who wouldn’t want to get pampered in these luxury spas. Too bad I am not in london 🙁

• Lisa

You have to come back and try one of these out! They’re perfect for a relaxing day 🙂

13. Soumya Nambiar

This is perfect for me since I will be in London in September. I would love to get pampered at one of these spa outlets. But cocktail mixing and the afternoon tea’s looks like the ones I would love to try after a massage.

• Lisa

Enjoy Soumya! I really hope you get to experience one of these for yourself. Yes, the cocktail making should be really good fun 😀

14. Jean

Oh this makes me so sad that I’m not in London. So many amazing places to be spoilt on such a fun day. Will need to make of note of these special spas for the next time I’m in London town

• Lisa

I hope you get to experience them one day Jean. They’re all such good, and luxurious, choices!

15. yukti

Oh these are so many luxurious spa ideas in London. Many of my friends and relatives are staying in London so I will pass on this information to them. Thai Spa looks interesting as after treatment dining option at near Thai restaurant is also there.

• Lisa

Thai Square Spa is so lovely, and so are the staff! I hope you, or your relatives, get to experience it one day!

16. Vaisakhi Mishra

I loved COMO’s look but would definitely want to spend time in Ajala – it looks so peaceful and pretty!!!

• Lisa

They’re all such good choices, I hope you get to experience them one day in person!

17. Rishabh

These Spa’s seem amazing. Haven’t been to London before so haven’t really explored any of these but we make it a point to pamper ourselves at atleast one spa on our trips and this seems like a great list to select from

• Lisa

Thank you! It’s a real treat and one I’m sure you’ll enjoy 🙂 Many thanks for taking the time to comment.

18. Owen from Nottinghamshire

Great post. Thanks for the share. This article made me think of Christmas and I was wondering what would be an excellent present to get my wife.

• Lisa

Thanks Owen, well most women love spa packages, so she should be happy with a trip to one of these places 🙂

19. Anne

I really want to go stay at the Renaissance, that pool looks utterly divine. Not sure I’d want to blow £240 on a couples massage but would definitely be up for afternoon tea. All the spas look amazing though

• Lisa

Yes, the couples package is definitely a special occasion! And afternoon tea after a spa is always a good idea 🙂

20. tracy collins

These look absolutely wonderful – I love a good spa! I have been to one before with my husband but not on Valentines Day! You have given me a great idea for this year – we are in Australia so will have to do some homework but a spa seems a great idea!

• Lisa

Nice to meet a fellow spa fan! These are great options, and I hope that if ever in London, you’ll consider these spas 🙂

21. Bhusha

Hahaha!!! This post is a bit late for me, by a year!! One, I’ve moved away from London now and two, I don’t think I can celebrate V’Day like this, this year, thanks to our tiny little one!
    I would have totally loved St.Pancras spa with all its sweet treats and I guess its the closest to where I lived in London!

• Lisa

Aww, many congratulations! Well, if you ever come back to London, you know where to go 😀

22. Diana

I’ve never been to the spa or gotten a massage! Haha. The thought of a stranger massaging me actually makes me cringe BUT I would love to relax at the pool/gym at one of these spas and definitely take them up on the prosecco and chocolates offer! I would love to go into the St Pancras Spa just to check out the architecture – it looks absolutely stunning.

• Lisa

Ah really! I can’t get enough of spas, and actually wouldn’t mind a good massage right now! St Pancras is amazing, you won’t be disappointed!

23. Medha Verma

I probably would not have associated London with spas if I hadn’t come across your post, Lisa. I am pretty certain, however, that most of these must be quite expensive. However, if its Valentine’s Day and I want to be pampered, shelling out a little bit extra money is acceptable 😉 I would probably go for the entire package at COMO Metropolitan, London, at £400— even though it sounds pricey. I would also want to visit the Met Bar for their ‘Between the sheets’ cocktail – I wonder what that one’s like haha, and maybe even take the cocktail making class.

• Lisa

Lol it’s a very suggestive name! Yes, these spa packages are on the pricey side, but honestly, for a special occasion, it’s worth it 😉

24. Jas

I’m as single as a dolla but who says you can’t celebrate self love on Valentine’s! I’d totally treat myself to all of these (but do they offer singles package by any chance? They should be discounted more too since it’s sad enough for us single folks hahaa.) St. Pancras Spa’s pool is so pretty and you totally had me at afternoon tea too!

• Lisa

Haha, yes! It’s definitely a way to pamper yourself 🙂 You can definitely use these packages to bring a friend, which is just as good as having a significant other 😉

25. Jess

I’ve been to London several times but have never checked out any spas – these look awesome! Thanks for sharing!

• Lisa

You’re welcome, hope you get to try a few the next time!

26. Follow My Anchor

Spa packages are the best! The hydropool at Spa Verta looks amazing. I would love to go there!

• Lisa

It’s awesome especially when no-one’s there!

27. Alexandra

How brilliant this is- the perfect way to spend Valentine’s Day with a loved one. Elegant and romantic!

• Lisa

I think so, and such a treat too!

28. Travel Optician

I wouldn’t mind to enjoy in some luxury sometimes! This looks really amazing and these are great! Thank you for new ideas, better not to think about them haha

• Lisa

A treat every now and again is a good thing!

29. Mimi

This sounds amazing and the choices are hard to choose from! Valentine’s day is the perfect holiday to get away and relax in pure bliss!

• Lisa

It really is, if you can’t do it then, when will you?!

30. The Travel Bunny

Though we are staying home for Valentine’s Day, I am getting us a couple’s massage. I tired it once before and I loved it.

Amazing! It’s such a treat

31. Caitlin

These places look so dreamy! Now I just have to find someone to come with me XD

• Lisa

Take your mum or a friend; couple doesn’t have to mean romantic 😀

32. Heather

This would be a great Valentine’s day treat! My husband has been wanted to go to London!

• Lisa

Aw then add it to the list!

33. Nicole Hunter

I love the idea of a couples spa combined with the cocktail masterclass – especially the name of the cocktails! Well, if a great massage and a couple of cocktails don’t get you in the mood, what will??? LOL. I have never had a massage on a visit to London but clearly that has got to change. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Lisa

You’re so right Nicole! Really keep these places in mind, they’re great places for couples massage

34. Elizabeth

I love the way you started your post, lol! These all look like amazing experiences. I like the idea of the ‘Food of Love Spa Package’ that combines a spa experience and eating 🙂

Thank you! That package is a spa foodie dream 🙂

35. Jasemine

Suddenly I have this overwhelming urge to move to London, like right now. In time for Valentines Day! This looks amazing!

Lol that’s good for me! May see you around 😀

36. Daniel

I think spa packages are the best treats you could give to yourself. This one sure looks intriguing. I would definitely want to visit it one day.

• Lisa

I totally agree, it’s the best treat even after Valentine’s Day

37. Maggie Unzueta

Wow! Thai Square Spa sounds so amazing! My husband and I really need this.

Thai Square Spa is awesome, you’d have a great time

38. Sydney

Couples massages are the perfect way to celebrate Valentine’s Day! I wish I was in London so I could try out one of these amazing spas.

• Lisa

Add it to the list! There are so many great choices 🙂

39. Elizabeth Weitz

Ohhh a spa pampering getaway sounds like just what the hubs and I need! What an awesome list of spas!

• Lisa

It’s really a treat and one that everyone should do!

40. Chad

The place looks gorgeous!!! God knows how much i need a massage now lol..Thank you so much for the review.

• Lisa

You’re welcome Chad, hope you book one soon!

41. Angela

I’m sure i can spend an entire week closed there! Sounds a great place to try!

A week would be dream!

42. Federica

I usually prefer spa inside the great hotels in Knightsbridge and Mayfair that offer a stunning ambience and the best professionals in the city. Thanks for suggesting other addresses.

• Lisa

Those are great choices for a spot of luxury too!

43. Lyosha

Spa together is always a nice idea! I would love to spend a day with better half that way! great tips esp with Valentine’s approaching

• Lisa

Thank you, I totally agree!

44. John Mulindi

This place looks good one to rewind after a busy week especially with your wife.

• Lisa

It’s definitely that kind of place John!

45. Sara Welch

This looks like absolute heaven on earth! If only I lived near by! I’m going to have to book a spa date somewhere close by soon!

• Lisa

You really must, spas in London are so luxurious

46. Jenne Kopalek

I’ve never been to a spa. It’s on my to do list!

• Lisa

Great, I hope you go soon.

47. Elaine

All of these spa packages sound amazing! If I could only choose one, I would probably for the package at Thai Square Spa. I really love the photos you took of it the venue.

• Lisa

Thank you! Thai Square Spa is fantastic.

48. Katie

Looks like you had an awesome getaway! That pool is gorgeous! This is just the kind of place we love exploring on family adventures.

• Lisa

A spa day is always a welcome sight 😀

49. Pati Robins

i am just about to book one of those for our anniversary

• Lisa

Great, I hope you enjoy yourselves

50. Sue-Tanya Mchorgh

I really enjoyed this post. Looks like you had a great time. These Spa packages sound amazing.

Thanks Sue! They’re really a treat

51. Chastity

I love spa treatments as well. I am going to consider doing a couples one for Valentine’s. All of these have me craving one

Perfect! Hope you enjoy yourselves

52. Chelle Dizon

My partner loves going to the Spa to get the massages to relax. The spa package sounds really a value for money

• Lisa

I think so too! And just an amazing way to relax

53. Becca Talbot

Some lovely spa ideas for couples here Lisa – really wish I could partake – but sadly I don’t have a partner at the moment, and most of my friends are coupled up – so I’ll be spending Valentine’s Day alone this year ? x

• Lisa

Oh Becca, I’m sure you have tons of friends who’d love to join you. After all, couples can mean friends too 😉

54. Diana

I’m not I. A relationship but boy would every much enjoy this solo or with friends. Next time I’m in London I keep this close to the vest.

That’s good to know!